This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by HamiltonM 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

HamiltonM
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello,

I’m setting up a workflow that will automatically ensure that certain fields are defaulted on creation of an inventory item. The workflow I have set up right now is:

Trigger “entry”

event types “create”

Context “ui”

Field “Use Bins”

Static Value “Checked”

I’ve run a few tests on this. For stand alone/none-matrix inventory items it functions as I would expect. However on Matrix items, it does not set the value to checked and it does not perform any action on the matrix children. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Thank you.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #9744 Score: 0

HamiltonM
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I found a solution to this issue.

I set the workflow to scheduled and ran it off of a saved search looking for inventory items that did not have “Use Bins” checked. This was able to mark over 4k items as having BINs with around 20 or so errors. Some of the errors I was able to find came from improperly made Matrix items that had no children so could not be updated. Others I was not able to pinpoint why the workflow was unable to update but it worked well enough to resolve the major issues.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.