This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by pmjeffrey 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

afinke@focusedenergy.net
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi,

I want my sales reps to enter an order using one custom form, then I want my operations dept. to review the order on a different custom form that has additional fields with more information. I set up the workflow as suggested in an old thread that I found: https://usergroup.netsuite.com/users…s-form-on-edit

It works, but when the operations dept. opens the order, it opens to the correct form in edit mode, but then the page just refreshes over and over and over… Any idea as to why this would happen?

Thanks,

Amanda
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #10282 Score: 0

dmatyas
    • Level 1

Hi Amanda,

I need more information regarding your workflow in order to be able to help you. I know you wrote your workflow is the same as in previous post but obviously there has to be something different. Can you post here description of your workflow? My wild guess is that you use trigger “Before Record Load” which keeps reloading your form.

Thanks,

Daniel

• #10283 Score: 0

afinke@focusedenergy.net
    • Level 1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your offer to help.

The workflow is event based, on update. One state. One action in that state, which is to set field value. Parameters: Custom Form=Ops Sales Order (which is the form I’d like the Ops dept. to see). Trigger On: Before User Edit (because none of the other triggers would work to actually change the custom form). Condition: User Role != Custom Sales Manager. I would rather use the Before Record Load trigger, so that they would be able to just view the record in the correct form, rather than having to be in edit mode to get the correct form. But, from what I read, using the Before Record Load trigger is not possible in this scenario.

My workaround has been to create a loooong workflow that hides all the unnecessary fields from the Custom Sales Manager role and that makes those same fields visible and mandatory for the Ops role, so that both departments are using the same form, but with essentially different views. If the Before Record Load trigger to change the custom form indeed isn’t possible, this might be the better fix anyway so that the Ops team can view and edit the same form.

Thanks again,

Amanda

• #10284 Score: 0

pmjeffrey
    • Level 1

Hi Amanda.

I built something similar for another client – I believe what you’re missing is a condition on your WF state that Custom Form != Ops Sales Order (ie – WF action is not needed because it’s already on the right form)

Without this, you’re stuck in a logical loop that never ends. Page loads -> WF changes Custom Form (even if it’s the same value) which forces a page load -> Page Loads – WF triggers, etc.

By adding that one condition, you should be able to escape the loop.

Another option would be to remove access to the Ops Sales Order form from the Sales Rep role (found on the ‘Forms’ tab when you edit the role) and ensure that ‘Store Form with Order’ is unchecked on both forms. This would limit the Sales Rep role to only the entry form, and from their perspective the Ops Sales Order form simply doesn’t exist.

Either option should fit the bill, depending on your preference.

hope that helps!

Paul Jeffrey

Consultant

Trajectory Inc

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.