This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Thebaaron 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

elie
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

To import vendor item pricing, it seems there are two ways to do so:Import on the Item record (via standard Setup > Import/Export menu)
    Via the Vendor record (button on items sublist "Import Price List")
    Now, I've done many thousands of imports in the past. Something is definitely wrong here. . . I must be missing something.

The first manner has no way to indicate the currency (multiple currencies are enabled for multiple vendors). So, importing in this manner is not an option.

And, the second is simply not working. I don't understand why, though? I import a single line with one item. I'm following the directions exactly, skipping the schedule field, and trying to import, but it simply will not process:

Here's the instructions on the import page:

This file should be in CSV format and contain the following fields in this order with no header row:Item Name
    Vendor Code
    Purchase Price
    Price Schedule (optional)
    Currency
    And here's a sample result: Vendor Price List Import – Result

THE FOLLOWING LINE(S) CONTAINED PROBLEMS AND COULD NOT BE IMPORTED:

LINE 1: 1007997-002DE23,POUND125,125.45,,British pound, REASON: INVALID ITEM ROW

Does anybody have experience with this type of import? Please help.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #24511 Score: 0

kennethm
    • Level 1

It looks ok to me. When opening the file in notepad is there only one line?

Does the vendor code already exist in netsuite or is this being added using the import?

• #24512 Score: 0

elie
    • Level 1

Thanks! To me, too!

Only one line, yes. No header. Also, the trailing comma after the last field isn't in the file (it's just in the error message above).

Vendor code does not already exist, although I tried without one as well.

• #24513 Score: 0

kennethm
    • Level 1

I have had issues before where netsuite treats the "-" as a line break, this could be part of the issue.

• #24514 Score: 0

elie
    • Level 1

Doubtful… I never experienced such behavior, but I did test another item in another account without dashes…

Opened a case with ns support; will you're you when I hear back.

Appreciate the effort to help out!

• #24515 Score: 0

Thebaaron
    • Level 1

In case anyone needs this in the future. I changed the type of csv file. There are several options of csv types when saving. One of them did the trick.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.