This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by elham 14 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Rafe
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We need to update the addressee field for the default shipping address for many of our customers. We have developed a saved search that gives us what we need except for the internal ID for the address record. I am struggling with how I run a csv import that will update the proper address record – because of our customers have separate shipt to and bill to adddresses. Any ideas?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #9647 Score: 0

elham
    • Level 1

If your address lines have a unique label, you can use the label as the key to identify which lines to update.

• #9648 Score: 0

JMUnderwood
    • Level 1

RE: Updating Addressee via CSV

Originally posted by elham

If your address lines have a unique label, you can use the label as the key to identify which lines to update.

elham,

Could you please provide the detailed steps on how to do this? The combination of Add vs Update and checkboxes can be confusing for sublists.

Thanks.

• #9649 Score: 0

Christa Jones
    • Level 1

In order to get the internal ID’s in a saved search, you need to go to Home>Set Preferences>Default and check the Show Internal ID’s box.

• #9650 Score: 0

Nick Horowitz
    • Level 1

You can NOT use InternalID on Address Records for CSV import. InternalID is only available via WebServices. –Elham I don’t understand why you roll-out something to WS but not CSV, seems like lazy product development.

So, for CSV you MUST use the “Label” field to identify the specific record you want to update. Therefore, you can NOT change the “Label” field via CSV import, unless you use the option to replace the entire sublist. If you use the option to replace the entire sublist, then you import your new address records that you want to survive and all the existing address records are erased and replaced with the ones you import.

If you just want to update specific address records without replacing the entire sublist, then you use the “Label” field as the key for the records you want to update. And also include the “Addressee” field that you want to update.

So, in your CSV file you would need: the InternalID of the Customer record, the “Label” of the address record you want to update, and then the field values of the address fields you want to update.

• #9651 Score: 0

Christa Jones
    • Level 1

When importing to Add or Update existing info into NetSuite, you need to check the Overwrite Sublists box.

• #9652 Score: 0

Nick Horowitz
    • Level 1

I think the overwrite sublists is only relevant if you are updating. Because if you are adding, by definition, there is nothing existing to overwrite!

• #9653 Score: 0

elham
    • Level 1

Nick, we are adding support for update of address lines using address internal ID in our upcoming 2010.1 release.

JMU, I would say when updating data you should use the “Update” data handling option to eliminate the complexity and confusion with add vs update. If you have a saved search that includes the internal ID of the customer, address label, plus other address information you want to change, then you can import this file and we will match the address lines based on the label and update the appropriate address lines. You need to make sure the overwrite sublist data is set to false (which is the default) to make sure you don’t accidentally overwrite all your addresses. If there are more than one address line with the same label, only the first line that matches will be updated. Hope this helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.