This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by corey 11 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

corey
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I am getting the following error every time I got to help -> install new software:

Unable to read repository at http://system.netsuite.com/download/ide/update

Am I doing it wrong?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4861 Score: 0

jerry_d
    • Level 1

RE: Unable to read repository

I get the same error trying to see if there are updates — I went to the link and got a 404 (normally an update install link will have xml that tells eclipse what to install/update).

hopefully this is resolved soon

Jerry

• #4862 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

Ideally, I would like to have this as a plugin for Eclipse, so I can continue to use Aptana Studio 3 stand alone and get automatic (intellisense’y) code completion (without having to hit ctrl+space).

I assume that once this issue is solved we can use the plugin in other builds of Eclipse.

• #4863 Score: 0

jerry_d
    • Level 1

I would vote for that as well, as I use eclipse from Android to python work and maintaining a separate IDE is not ideal.

• #4864 Score: 0

August Li
    • Level 1

hi guys,

it’s not actually a bug in the IDE, it is just that we have not deployed the update files yet until the release today. Kindly try it again now and see if you are still having problems.

as for installing other plugins, I don’t see any reason why you won’t be able to install all other eclipse plugins you need using the SuiteCloud IDE as base, that way you only maintain a single IDE and you can switch between perspectives depending on which one you are working on.

• #4865 Score: 0

jerry_d
    • Level 1

update now works … thx

as for your other suggestion — that is interesting, and will look at doing that.

thx again

Jerry

• #4866 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

I was able to get the plugin installed into my Aptana Studio 3 install but I lost the intellisense-like code assist. It did play well with my other plugins, so you should be fine either way, Jerry.

Also, thanks for the update August.

• #4867 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

If you pin this on Win 7 x64 and the fact that it opens up a second icon that you can’t, then, pin, then this thread is for you. Adding the 64 bit jre to the path variable allowed me to pin the opened program. Little tweaks, ftw.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.