This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by chanarbon 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

SererraMike
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I’m using a workflow + formula to auto set a date field, based on another date. If I set this to after field edit, it works great. The problem, however, is I’m setting the original field via workflow with an “after record submit” trigger. When I move the trigger for the add days formula to after record submit, it errors out. Is there a way to do this?

Here’s the formula: “nlapiDateToString(nlapiAddDays(new Date(nlapiGetFieldValue(‘custrecord_custom_date’)) ,365))”

Thanks,

Mike
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #10317 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

The formula that you are referencing would only work on the client side. The question in here would be are you setting a custom field for this value. If yes, why not use the inherent capability of custom field. A non-store value field with defaulting worked on my end. e.g. dynamically populating the value of the field based on another field would require the formula for the custom field be {custrecord_custom_date} + 365

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.