This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Ferdinand 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

SererraMike
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We make use of the standard "Available" column field on our Quotes and Orders, but I'd like to also show the entering user what's available in our distribution center, so that they can sell that as well. They can already see this via reporting, but it would be nice to have it front facing on the transaction. I thought I could do this with a formula field, but so far I haven't been able to make it work. Is this possible without scripting it?

Thanks

Mike
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23724 Score: 0

Ferdinand
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I don't think that's possible without scripting.

"Location Available" (id: locationquantityavailable) cannot be chosen as a source (from the item record) for custom column fields, maybe because it wouldn't know which location's value to source.

Even if it were possible using a formula field, the value would then only be displayed in view mode after saving the transaction, not while entering lines.

Your best bet would be a client script using the postSourcing event that fires on changes of the item column.

You could then perform an item search filtered to the current line item & your alternate location, and populate your custom column field with the result from a single search column ('locationquantityavailable').

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.