This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by johannelim 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

jbarkley
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Our head of IT just came back from SuiteWorld today and I asked him if there were any announcements about the SuiteCloud IDE like a standalone new version or any updates. He had a little bit of information from one session that he attended but said there were no release dates mentioned. I was wondering if anyone that went had anymore information about coming updates/releases.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4798 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

Supposed to come out in the 2013.2 release at the end of the 3rd quarter or shortly thereafter.

• #4799 Score: 0

smehta
    • Level 1

Corey is correct.

SuiteCloud IDE with the first cloud application debugger is scheduled for release very soon after 2013.2 release of NetSuite.

• #4800 Score: 0

smurphy820
    • Level 1

jbarkley,

The things I heard about without specific commitments around release dates are

*IDE Debugging – No date given but I am now seeing 2013.2 the demos looked like it is already in a pretty advanced stage of development

*Custom Record Types, Custom field definitions, Script Records, and Script Deployment records, all stored/managed within the IDE along with your SuiteScript (this is huge) — No date given.

Linked or nested Saved Searches – NO date given

Updated API’s — No Date Given

More Fields/Records being exposed — No date given

There is a lot of really good stuff coming from a development point of view. Netsuite is hesitant to give dates until they are close to releasing something so they don’t set expectations and miss.

I would guess most of this stuff will be in 2013.2, 2014.1. I am sure NS does not want to stand on stage this year and talk about what is coming, and next year at SuiteWorld 14 (in San Jose) still have to stand up and say “its coming” unless there is a very good reason for it. They are pretty careful about what they talk about and don’t. I would guess they stuff they don’t think will be in the next couple of releases, they did not mention.

• #4801 Score: 0

elie
    • Level 1

Two years ago they spoke about changes coming to the IDE and they didn’t come until much later. Last year they spoke about certain changes to the Netsuite interface (for example, a bird’s eye view of where the transaction stands from Quote to Bill) that still never has happened, to my knowledge…

It was in Evan’s keynote last year.

• #4802 Score: 0

elie
    • Level 1

It was called Transaction Timeline… I am yet to see it though!

• #4803 Score: 0

johannelim
    • Level 1

Hi Elie,

That is correct, it’s Transaction Timeline. We released the Beta version a while ago and is available to install via the bundles install page.

Transaction Timeline Beta:

Setup > Customization > Search & Install Bundles:

There are also upcoming releases to this beta containing some enhancements around September, you will receive automatic updates if you’ve already installed the bundle.

Please send your feedback to SuiteLabs-Support@netsuite.com or click the feedback link on the upper right of the timeline.

Thanks,

Johanne

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.