This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by k_dunc 7 years ago.

• Author

starlingMark
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I’m in a strange situation where I want to execute a few lines of SS 1.0 inside of a workflow action. Specifically, I want to set a few “state” variables inside of the workflow. I have this niggling suspicion that this is possible, but I can’t seem to get it to go.

For instance, I am trying to get the total number of lines on a Sales Order with nlapiGetLineItemCount(‘item’) but I continually get “ERROR: Invalid Expression’.

Can anyone confirm or reject my notion that I can put SS inside of a workflow?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #9971 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

You most certainly can create a script that is called / executed from a Workflow. It is called a Workflow Action Script. I’m guessing you’ve created your Workflow Action Script record and linked it to your JS file already, then in your Workflow, you’ve referenced your Workflow Action Script as a Workflow Action?

• #9972 Score: 0

starlingMark
    • Level 1

Thanks k_dunc. I have used workflow action scripts in the past. In this instance I’m just looking to make one or two API calls and was hoping I could just sneak them into the workflow itself. Sounds like this is not possible though.

• #9973 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

No, it is not possible. You cannot somehow add code directly in the Workflow anywhere. And you certainly can’t use APIs in a formula field if that’s what you were trying. I’d suggest creating a WAS to do what you need – who knows, you’ve probably done most of the work already and it may simply be a cut-n-paste (plus some extra fluff). Anyway, good luck with it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.