This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by stephen.boot 9 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

stephen.boot
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I upgraded from Fedora 18 to Fedora 19 and SuiteCloud IDE crashed when I tried to load it up.

Due to a bug in Eclipse 4.2 (SuiteCloud IDE 2.2.1 – 2013.1) https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404776 newer versions of WebKit make Eclipse crash upon startup. As SuiteCloud IDE seems to be somewhat compiled, I could not see how the patch provided could be applied to it without having the source code etc.

The crash happens because the SuiteCloud IDE Start Page (HTML document) tries to load in the internal Eclipse browser.

A workaround to fix this, is to stop the Start Page from loading when Eclipse runs.

Unzip “~/eclipse/plugins/com.netsuite.ide.eclipse.app_2.2.1.201304120053.ja r” using file-roller.
    Open plugin.xml in a text editor (gedit will do).
    Find the following XML node and delete it:

HTML Code:

Save the plugin.xml file and overwrite the file in the jar by dragging and dropping it back into file-roller.
    Launch SuiteCloud IDE and it should not crash upon startup.
    Add the following line to the end of “~/eclipse/eclipse.ini”. This changes the internal browser to use the Mozilla engine…

HTML Code:
    -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla

Remember, don’t open any HTML documents up in the internal Eclipse HTML browser – it will crash again.

Hopefully the next version of SuiteCloud IDE will be based on 4.3 (Kepler) where this bug is fixed.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4775 Score: 0

EnablingSolutions
    • Level 1

Thanks for this Steve, I’m about to install Fedora Core 19 so I’m sure this will be an issue!

• #4776 Score: 0

August Li
    • Level 1

The problem is with the SWT browser support in Eclipse, which probably steams from different flavors of linux not having a standard web browser.

For the meanwhile, you can try install Eclipse 4.3.1 (must be the “Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers” edition) and then install the NetSuite plugin manually via “Install Software” and using “http://system.netsuite.com/download/ide/update” as update site. Note however that we have not yet fully tested against the new Eclipse versions.

There are other ways to force Eclipse to not use Webkit but requires tricky installation as outline in the Eclipse SWT FAQ –

e.g. running under Mozilla mode by installing XULRunner (http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#specifyxulrunner)

• #4777 Score: 0

stephen.boot
    • Level 1

Thanks August Li,

I’ve installed from the installation site into Eclipse 4.3.1 (Kepler) and it does seem to work Although I’ve not thoroughly tested it in normal use yet.

• #4778 Score: 0

radioblaster
    • Level 1

I too have installed from the installation site into Eclipse 4.3.1 (Kepler) and can report that most functionality appears to work. The start up page still results in an error, but it does not crash eclipse so you can simply navigate to the netsuite options within eclipse and disable the start up page. I’m on Unbuntu 12.04.

• #4779 Score: 0

stephen.boot
    • Level 1

Thanks for the info radioblaster.

I can report that upon upgrading from Fedora 19 to Fedora 20, the repository installation of SuiteCloud IDE stops working with the same problem. I fixed this by following my original fix at the top of this thread.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.