This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by August Li 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

SionSmith
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I don’t seem to be able to set up a debug configuration, when I click the debug drop down menu and select Debug Configurations the option of selecting Suite Script is not there.

I’ve got the latest updates for the IDE and everything else seems to work but I just can’t do any debugging.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4737 Score: 0

smehta
    • Level 1

Hi SionSmith,

Would you please post the version & the build date of the IDE that your are using to help us reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Suhas.

• #4738 Score: 0

Daniel Giguere
    • Level 1

Hi,

What I do to create the Debug Configuration is to right-click on the project in the “NS Explorer” left pane, then “Debug As”, and then “SuiteScript”.

To debug a Suitelet/Restlet, you may then right-click on the Suitelet/RESTlet file again in the NS Explorer left pane, then “NetSuite”, and then “Debug RESTlet/Suitelet”.

Hope this helps, let us know if you got it working or not.

Regards,

Daniel

• #4739 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

RE: SuiteCloud IDE 2.3.3 Problems

Originally posted by Daniel Giguere

View Post

What I do to create the Debug Configuration is to right-click on the project in the “NS Explorer” left pane, then “Debug As”, and then “SuiteScript”.

To debug a Suitelet/Restlet, you may then right-click on the Suitelet/RESTlet file again in the NS Explorer left pane, then “NetSuite”, and then “Debug RESTlet/Suitelet”.

Fantastic! This is awesome. I have basically been using nlapiLogExecution and nlapiSendEmail in conjunction with Advanced Rest Client (Chrome) since the RESTlets came out. I never thought to debug the whole project so I never saw the debug restlet option. So cool. Thanks Daniel.

• #4740 Score: 0

SionSmith
    • Level 1

Hi Suhas, I’m on SuiteCloud IDE 2.3.3 for NetSuite 2013 Release 2

Build Date: 15 Dec 2013 23:44:40

Daniel, I don’t get that option unfortunately, I only get the options Iget are to debug on server or set up a new configuration which still doesn’t have the SuiteScript option

• #4741 Score: 0

August Li
    • Level 1

hi, did you update from a previous version? or did you install from one of the installers?

also, are you running other plugins (other than SuiteCloud IDE)?

If you don’t see the SuiteScript option, might be a problem with your setup/installation.

Can you also look at your log file? NetSuite -> Troubleshoot -> View Log File

and scroll to the end to see if there are any errors logged that may have prevented the debugger from being displayed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.