This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Paul Reading 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Paul Reading
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have two custom fields "Supplier Stock Available" and "Available for Market Places". "Available for Market Places" is the sum of "Available"(the stock we hold) and "Supplier Stock Available" the stock our supplier holds.

If I look at the item records the field "Available for Market Places" is correctly propagated with the number of items. However if I use a saved search and put "Available for Market Places" in the results field it correctly displays the figure in the item record except where the number of item "Available" is zero in which case it displays a NULL. I do not understand why the saved search is not displaying the same number as shown in the item record.

Has anyone else seen this problem and how do I fix this problem?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #22899 Score: 0

Paul Reading
    • Level 1

I am not performing any formula calculations in the saved search, I am simply selecting item records. You can see clearly inthe saved search the correct result for the first item and rubbish for the second item even though the item record for the second item is 100% correct.

• #22900 Score: 0

khultquist
    • Level 1

Does the field use a formula? If so, instead of

{field1} + {field2}

try

NVL({field1},0) + NVL({field2},0)

• #22901 Score: 0

Paul Reading
    • Level 1

Thanks that fixed it. I do not understand why because it was showing the correct value in the item record but not in the saved search results.

I would expect it to work for neither or both. I did a saved search for an empty value(NULL) for "Available" and that showed no results but when I searched for zero it found results. Which suggests if you pull a null it converts it to zero but if you try to do an arithmetic function it pulls a null.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.