This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by jshepler 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

jshepler
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We would like invoice items to source a value from subscription lines and it doesn't appear to be working.

Added custom field to subscriptionline item. Added custom field to transaction line, sourcing set to subscriptionline+customfield.

Value on subscription line is set. Generating a new invoice (via "next bill" button on billing account) and the items have blanks for the custom field.

I then tried going through the charge record. Added the custom field to charge record, sourced from subscription line. Modified custom field on transaction line to source from charge instead of subscriptionline. Added a new subscription in order to generate new set of charge records. Generated the invoice and that sourcing worked correctly.

Because charge records are pre-generated out a couple years, if the value on the subscriptionline changes, the values are not updated on the charges. So, I un-checked "save value" on the custom field on the charge record (and made it readonly by changing display type to "disabled"), but then could not source from it on the transaction line – the custom field doesn't show up in the list.

I spent a number of hours, trying various combinations of things like saving value or not, readonly, etc with no success. I've also tried some scripting to do the sourcing myself, but not having much luck with that either.

So I'm hoping someone can shed some light on why sourcing values from charge records work but not from subscriptionline. The invoice sublist "item" does have a field for the subcriptionline so presumably it should be working?

Any ideas?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.