This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by sklett 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

mhillensbeck
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have created several Workflows that use the Show Message function, but I was trying to find out if any of the text that is in the message can be formatted? Possibly bold letters or in a different color. Would this be possible using HTML code or is there a limitation within NS that won’t allow this?

Thanks,

Megan
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #10212 Score: 0

sklett
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

No, you cannot. The ShowMessage Action results in a standard javasript alert() call on the client (i.e. browser).

You may be able to roll your own solution for this. Off the top of my head: You could develop a custom message box javascript class that would pop up an element and display whatever you want. This class would render the DOM elements to provide a custom message box, in fact there are several open source libraries that already do this. You then create a custom WorkFlow Action that will inject the client side calling code into a custom hidden field on the record. This injected javascript would call your message box class and display it.

This action would take a string parameter for the string (formatted or not) that you want to display. This would be non-trivial, but if it’s part of a larger solution that will see extensive re-use across your install it may be worth it.

I’m not sure if you can get a reference to the nlobjResponse object to insert the hidden field in code or if you’ll need to use a normal Record defined custom field.

Good luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.