This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Umesh Gandhe 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

timgordon
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have been using the SFTP module in a Scheduled Script to successfully to upload files to a third party SFTP server, this works well. But I also need to download files and the problem is that these files have a timestamp in the file name. Because its a third party I can’t dictate the file name and the Netsuite SFTP module only seems to be able to download a file if you know the name. In other words there is no feature to request a directory listing on the remote server and hence determine what the file name is before you download it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am wondering is the solution is to abandon the Netsuite SFTP module and use some custom code. I am guessing there are some Javascript libraries that implement an SFTP client that might work. Does anyone have any comments on this approach and what to watch out for? I am not sure how compatible the Netsuite javascript implementation used in Suitescript is with generic javascript libraries that are generally intended for client side use.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #17803 Score: 0

skpellakuru
    • Level 1

Hi timgordon.

Just wondering if you ever able to get around this issue. If yes. can you please shed some light on the solution or workaround?

Thanks,

• #17804 Score: 0

timgordon
    • Level 1

I still don’t have a good workaround for this and have resorted to downloading files manually. I am not returning to this problem to try and solve it. The only solution I can see at present is to create a script in another language (e.g. PHP) and call that from the Netsuite script so that it returns a list of files on the FTP server. Its an ugly solution but should work.

Anyone else encountered this problem and solved it? I guess all we can really do is make a feature request for the SFTP module.

• #17805 Score: 0

Vesku1980
    • Level 1

Hi, I had a customer where this was solved.

Code was made by another person so i don’t have it, but i know that it is done and working.

• #17806 Score: 0

timgordon
    • Level 1

Do you know if they achieved this using entirely Netsuite tools? I am hunting around to see if there is an add-on that might work. From what I can see its not possible to achieve this in standard Javascript and hence that is why the SFTP module is needed.

• #26121 Score: 0

Umesh Gandhe
    • Contributions: 1
    • Level 1
    @umesh_gandhe

Hi,

I am tried to connect 3rd SFTP server using Suitelet Script But It is connecting server.Can you guide me how to connect 3rd SFTP tool using Script.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.