This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by carl.billings 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

eleran
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I am trying to create a workflow that will set a pre-determined value for Discount Item field when a Sales Order is entered or updated that is $500.00 or more.

Can anyone provide any insight into how to go about this? I know how to set the condition and the field value. My problem seems to be with triggers I think. Currently I have Initiation on Event based, Events (On create, On View or Update) and Trigger Type is All. I have it set for testing status right now. I go into my test account and enter an order for more than $500 and save and nothing happens.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #9763 Score: 0

paulshea_mp
    • Level 1

Hi Jim,

Do you log out of the account you created the workflow in and log in to another completely different account? If I understand correctly, workflow’s that are set to “Testing” only initiate for the owner of the workflow. If you are staying within the account you created the workflow from and it’s still not triggering, make sure you have a condition in your Set Field Value action that states “Amount >= $500.00”.

eleran replied on 01/11/2017, 12:49 PM: I have the condition set already as you prescribed. I do not log into a different account before i do my test.

• #9764 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

Isnt the trouble going to be the evaluation of the sales order will be on SAVE which is just a step too late to add the discount item?

eleran replied on 01/11/2017, 12:50 PM: That could be. I wonder if there is a way around that?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.