This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by mhuffman 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

danr
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi all –

I am sure I am missing something simple. I need to create a saved search that subtotals sales by the various summary groups. Reports do this nicely, but I need to use a formula and that’s not available in Reports (its not that complex…just need to multiply by 6!).

I need something like:

salesrep 1

customer 1

sub customer 1 $100

sub customer 2 $100

sub customer 3 $100

customer 1 total $300

customer 2

sub customer 4 $200

sub customer 5 $200

sub customer 6 $200

customer 2 total $600

salesrep 1 total $900

sales rep 2

customer 3

subcustomer 7

……..

Just like in a sales report.

But all I can get is

salesrep 1 customer 1 subcustomer 1 $100

salesrep 1 customer 1 subcustomer 2 $200

……

Any ideas?

Thanks!

dan
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #8180 Score: 0

mhuffman
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Currently, to subtotal search results you would use Summary Type options on your results fields…. for example, here you’d select Group for the Sales Rep and Customer fields, and Sum on the Amount column.

The down side is that this doesn’t create a tree or hierarchy in the results page, like you get in a report; it creates a summary version of the search results, and then a drilldown detail version. In other words, in summary mode you would see a flat list with one results row for each combination of rep/customer with a total of all activity for each of those combinations.

It is becoming a more common request to show search results in more of a report-like output format with hierarchy and subtotaling and we are working on new features that will make this possible, probably over the next 2-3 major releases.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.