This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by mdeal001 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Jebin Varghese
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I need an assistance with a saved search

Basically what the saved search should do is pull out Journals (another saved search for Bills) which have been created by the user (skip the approval phase) and it goes straight to the approved state

Normally every time they create a bill or journal , it goes to a pending approval state and then the approver approves it and goes to open or pending posting etc.

However, we need to get a list of all those journals or bills which are created by power users , in which the transaction doesn't pass through the Approval phase, and it goes straight to the Approved for Posting or Open phase.

Could someone help me out?

Now, I have created a saved search, and the criteria here is to pick up values in the System notes…but I think because of the structure of the System notes table, it just doesn't work.

I have checked NetSuite articles, no luck

Any help?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23111 Score: 0

mdeal001
    • Level 1

So, my thought process would be that, regardless of how or who gets the bill/journal approved, it must go through an approval "process." I would look to run a saved search that shows "created by" and "approved by" and look at the instances where they match. Below should get you this on the results tab (i've never tried as a criteria). Hope this helps:

Transaction Search:

Criteria: Type == Journal

System Notes:New Value 'contains' Approved

Results:

Created By

System Notes: Set by | custom label = approver

System Notes: New Value

System Notes: Field

I use that for auditors, to show all journals with created by and approved by

• #23112 Score: 0

Jebin Varghese
    • Level 1

very good…and I added a formula CASE WHEN {createdby} = {systemnotes.name} THEN 1 ELSE 0 end…which will fine tune the result too…cheers mate…thanks for that

• #23113 Score: 0

mdeal001
    • Level 1

Nice call there. Glad it worked out for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.