This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Jordan Manningham 7 years ago.

• Author

Jordan Manningham
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just come across an interesting glitch (I think) with my saved search. I have two Formula (Numeric) results columns but can only sort by one of them when view results.

These are my result columns:

Formula (Numeric) — Sum — CASE WHEN {custrecord210} = ‘Gallons’ THEN {custrecord215} END

Formula (Numeric) — Sum — CASE WHEN {custrecord210} = ‘Pounds’ THEN {custrecord215} END

The columns check if the sale in the custom record is in pounds or gallons and sums.

What’s strange is that I can only sort by whichever Formula (Numeric) column comes first in the list of result columns. I can change the sorting from ascending to descending on one but whenever I click the column header of the other, it only changes the sorting of the column that comes first.

What do you guys think is going on? Anything I should try doing to get a work around?

Thanks
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4935 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

I’m pretty sure, without looking, that this is documented somewhere. When using formulas you can only select/use the first one when sorting or anything else.

• #4936 Score: 0

al3xicon
    • Level 1

Jordan Manningham if you make one Formula (Currency) instead of Formula (Numeric), then it will let you sort both independently, since NS sees them as different column types. Currency and Numeric columns are ostensibly displayed the same anyway, so your results won’t look any different. It sucks we have to use this as a work-around, but at least it’s an option.

• #4937 Score: 0

Jordan Manningham
    • Level 1

Thanks. I was unaware of those limitations. I switched one column to Formula (Currency) which solved the problem.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.