This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by tect22 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

tect22
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone tried getting the values from a formula field in the Result Column of a Saved Search?

Thanks.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6626 Score: 0

markluu
    • Level 1

Hi tect22,

can you provide more information on what formula (what those fields are, etc)?

For example, if you have 3 custom fields on a sales order and 2 of them are decimals, and the third one is the total (being the formula field: field1 + field2). If you do a search on transactions, you would be able to see the value of the custom field total.

Hope this helps

• #6627 Score: 0

tect22
    • Level 1

Hi markluu,

For example I have a custom field date on my transaction record or custom record. Then for integration purposes with a third party app, I created a saved search to be pull out using web service, in this saved search I added a “formulatext” in the Results Tab, and inputted this formula “To_char({custbody_devdate},’YYYY-MM-DD’)” to get the specific format the third party app needs. The thing is, I tried running the saved search through my integration app (VB), and it gives me a response in which no formulafields from the Result Tab is being pulled out, has anyone tried this before, or does anyone have an idea whether its possible or not to pull out the data from the formula field.

P.S. I have around 25 formula fields in the Result Tabs, almost half of the column count of my saved search.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.