This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Olivier Gagnon NC 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Hooblue
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi All,

I', trying to do a really simple saved search to pull out a list of invoices for certain subsidiaries. I need the invoice net amount and tax amount in both the system currency (USD) and also the foreign currency. I can get the invoice total in the foreign currency as well as the net, tax and gross in the system currency, but can't manage to pull out the invoice tax amount in foreign currency, even though it appears on both the line item level and in the header. Is there a way to do this? I've looked through all the available fields in the results and can't find one which gives me the tax amount in foreign currency.

Many thanks

James
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #22489 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Indeed there isn't a straight-up field that tell you. But, to resolve, just multiply the tax amount by the exchange rate.

• #22490 Score: 0

Hooblue
    • Level 1

Originally posted by Olivier Gagnon NC

View Post

Indeed there isn't a straight-up field that tell you. But, to resolve, just multiply the tax amount by the exchange rate.

Thanks! However the invoices may be in multiple currencies (GBP, AUS, EUR, NZD) so I'd have to use a different exchange rate for each currency depending on what the invoice currency was. Can that be done using a formula of some sort or is it just to complicated?

• #22491 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

The exchange rate is a field available on invoices. So yes, it's just a standard formula – multiply the two fields together.

• #22492 Score: 0

Hooblue
    • Level 1

Originally posted by Olivier Gagnon NC

View Post

The exchange rate is a field available on invoices. So yes, it's just a standard formula – multiply the two fields together.

Not sure that will work. Let me give an example: So I have an invoice which is in GBP. It has a subtotal of £24,500, tax of £4,900 and a total of £29,400. The exchange rate on the invoice (under the Accounting tab) is 1.00. However, when I run my saved search, I can pull out the total amount of £29,400, as well as the USD total of $29,772.75, the USD net amount and USD tax amount. If I multiply the USD tax amount by the exchange rate on the invoice, I'm still going to get the USD amount, not the GBP tax amount. Does that make sense, or am I doing it wrongly?

• #22493 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Your GBP invoice scenario: what is the base currency of the subsidiary it is logged against? USD or GBP?

Is the USD amount the booking currency, or is that the consolidated exchange rate translation?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.