This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by T.Watz 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

T.Watz
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi,

We are a company that make long term deals. (more than a month)

We use the revenue recognition feature and amortize all revenue according to each line-items start and end date(custom fields). At the moment we can only, within a single report, forecast our revenue from approved sales orders. We could create a saved search that pulled out all the estimate line-items and calculated the amortized revenue, let’s say, to the coming three months. It would however not be as intuitive as having them in the revenue forecast.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have them in the report “Revenue forecast from sales orders”?

The optimal solution would be to have a revenue forecasts that behaves the same way as the sales forecast, with weighted opportunies and estimates.

Although you wouldn’t be able to measure the sales teams on revenue (no qouta support), you could at least forecast the revenue more accurately.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7116 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

I think your only problem utilizing a “canned” report is that the report only wishes to show approved orders. In theory you could have tons of junk out there that would never be approved and shouldn’t show in the forecast.

• #7117 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

Originally posted by carl.billings

View Post

I think your only problem utilizing a “canned” report is that the report only wishes to show approved orders. In theory you could have tons of junk out there that would never be approved and shouldn’t show in the forecast.

I’m not following you. What do you mean by “canned” report? I have no problem with it only showing the orders that are approved. All orders should get either approved or cancelled. The rest should be monitored and dealt with.

• #7118 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

:Canned” report means any out of the box NetSuite report. I do not think it is possible to pull in unapproved Sales Orders into a Revenue Forecast.

• #7119 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

Originally posted by carl.billings

View Post

:Canned” report means any out of the box NetSuite report. I do not think it is possible to pull in unapproved Sales Orders into a Revenue Forecast.

Ok, not that it is in anyway easier, but I want to get estimates/quotes in a report.

• #7120 Score: 0

jbrox
    • Level 1

What report are you starting from? I’m not finding “Revenue Forecast from Sales Orders”. Are you referring to the “Revenue Recognition Forecast” report?

• #7121 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

Ideally I’d like to start from “Order Revenue Forecast” (https://system.netsuite.com/app/repo…r=-148&whence=), but make it include sales estimates as well.

I’m starting to realize that, since estimates are unable to create a revenue recognition plan, it won’t be doable.

• #7122 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

These are the kinds of things NetSuite should be working on in the future. SalesForce handles this kind of stuff out of the box.

• #7123 Score: 0

AmyExo
    • Level 1

We would love to see this as well. We have scripted some pseduo revenue impacts by taking the line items of opportunities and calculating their amount against projected start and end dates and then calculating how much revenue would occur this year if those dates held. So we end up with a net year revenue impact that we could then multiply by probability, etc. However, we have a hard time getting the reps to fill in all the fields that make this calculation work correctly and we still end up having to do a lot of excel work to get to a revenue impact pipeline report.

• #7124 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

FYI, I have moved to using two saved searches that shows the full amount for unapproved orders and the weighted amount for estimates. These searches shows me current month,+1,+2,+3,+4 and +5 in columns. This is then combined in excel with the standard report for revenue forecast on sales orders. The formula for one of the columns look like this:

Code:
    CASE WHEN {item.revrecschedule} = ‘Direct on startdate’ then
    case when {custcol_startdatum} BETWEEN trunc(add_months(sysdate,1), ‘month’) AND LAST_DAY(add_months(sysdate,1)) then
    {netamountnotax}*nvl({probability},1)*{contribution}
    else
    end
    else
    GREATEST(0,(LEAST(nvl({custcol_slutdatum},{custcol _startdatum})-to_date(‘1900-1-1′,’YYYY-MM-DD’),last_day(add_months(trunc(sysdate,’DD’),1))-to_date(‘1900-1-1′,’YYYY-MM-DD’))-GREATEST({custcol_startdatum}-to_date(‘1900-1-1′,’YYYY-MM-DD’),trunc(add_months(sysdate,1), ‘mm’)-to_date(‘1900-1-1′,’YYYY-MM-DD’))+1))*({netamountnotax}/((nvl({custcol_slutdatum},{custcol_startdatum})-to_date(‘1900-1-1′,’YYYY-MM-DD’))-({custcol_startdatum}-to_date(‘1900-1-1′,’YYYY-MM-DD’))+1))*nvl({probability},1)*{contribution}
    end

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.