This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by markjasonflores 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

iistomin
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We use SuiteTalk API (SOAP) to discover custom record/transaction types and custom fields.

We need to discover custom fields definitions for particular record/transaction type. For instance, we would like to know which custom fields are defined for ‘Opportunity’ record type.

Currently, we have to request all custom fields for all customization types (entityCustomField, transactionBodyCustomField etc.) and then for each custom field definition we check whether it is applicable to particular record type.

Retrieving of all custom fields for all customization types takes long time. Is there a way to request custom field definitions for specific record types, f.x. for Customer only ?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6442 Score: 0

jejacob
    • Level 1

Hi iistomin

I don’t understand why you are determining the type of the custom field. When someone write an integration script(C# or PHP or Java) one should already know the field type to properly set the value. Infact before you invoke the WS action, one should perform a UI test first to determine any problem that could possibly occur. Can you be more specific on your use case?

• #6443 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

Originally posted by jejacob

View Post

Hi iistomin

I don’t understand why you are determining the type of the custom field. When someone write an integration script(C# or PHP or Java) one should already know the field type to properly set the value. Infact before you invoke the WS action, one should perform a UI test first to determine any problem that could possibly occur. Can you be more specific on your use case?

@jejecob, they are using getCustomizationId. This is to ensure that the application would be adapt to the needs of the users if the application would be distributed. For solution providers that do not have the access to the customers’s UI, this is used to add the functionality of adding the custom fields to the request.

From the current information available as filter is only the type of customization e.g.entityCustomField although it would really return all the customization on the record group e.g. for entity record group. Also on the response, it only contains the applied to list.

• #6444 Score: 0

iistomin
    • Level 1

Hi jejacob

We are developing integration connector for NetSuite and we need to discover custom fields in order to perform mapping of NetSuite response to internal/intermediate representation.

• #6445 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

iistomin ,

My suggestion would somehow look like this, why not do a get of the specific record type e.g. get for a Customer record which has a the custom fields listed them temporarily store it somewhere them perform a getCustomizationId and perform the data type match from there. From what I see, the process would take time on the initial setup but on the long run, it would be a lot easier to work on.

• #6446 Score: 0

markjasonflores
    • Level 1

@iistomin,

I agree with Chan. This looks like an enhancement, getCustomizationId currently have no filter mechanism — so we cannot filter out the fields used in customer from the entityCustomField list.

Please file a case with support so we can create the enhancement.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.