This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by mlumangaya 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

adurangalvis
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get a report to show ALL transactions by Customer. Including credit memos, Invoices, Payments etc.. I Have contacted support, and played around and I am still not able to figure it out. What I basically want is all of Transactions that are in the Customers -> Sales ->Transactions tab. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7126 Score: 0

teddycaguioa
    • Level 1

Are you trying to the list via suitescript?

• #7127 Score: 0

arequino
    • Level 1

Hi, the transactions listed under the Customer record > Sales>Transactions tab is basically a Saved Search with filter Name = Customer’s name.

But since what you need to show are all transactions for all Customers, here is what you can do:

1. Go to Lists>Search>Saved Searches>New>Transactions.

2. Under Criteria, add fields below:

— Customer (Main Line) Fields > Name/ID > is not empty

— Main Line= T (optional, but if not added, a row with value of -None- will show)

3. Under Results tab set the following:

Main Line Name ……………..Summary Type=Group

Type…………………………………Summary Type = Group

Amount…………………………….Summary Type = Sum

4. Save the search.

There are numerous fields that we can get to expose the Customer Name but since a Customer transaction would have the Customer name added on Main Line, we can safely use Main Line Name.

• #7128 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

I agree with most of what is posted but having dug through records before you should also search out lines (specifically Journal Entries). You can miss a lot. Group by Transaction Number but find all transactions. if your data entry person made a journal to adjust a payable balance or even a simple fee adjustment without using a Form such as Invoice or Credit memo you would miss these in the other approach.

• #7129 Score: 0

arequino
    • Level 1

There is another approach on getting all the list of customer transactions.

That would mean using a Customer Search and pulling up joint fields from Transaction Fields > Type.

This approach can pick up even Journal Entries, but – it is not going to be the same as what is found under the Sales>Transactions sublist on the Customer record.

• #7130 Score: 0

stephen.gray
    • Level 1

Hi There

I work for a consulting company that has a lot of experience with NetSuite and its reporting and helps a lot of clients in this area.

I’ve been using Excel ODBC (ms query) for while now with various clients and its an excellent solution for creating complex query’s and reports. I’ve created some templates such as P&L’s, Balance Sheets, Invoicing and Credit Memo Lists, Opportunity lists and much more. I can definitely help with your issue.

Send me an email to stephen.gray@businessadvisorysolutions.co.uk and I’ll come back to you

thanks

Stephen

• #7131 Score: 0

mlumangaya
    • Level 1

Hi,

You can also use the Transaction Detail Report and filter it by Customer.

1. Navigate to Reports>Financial>Transaction Detail.

2. Customize the Report.

3. On the ‘Filters’ Section, Expand the Transactions folder.

4. Search for the ‘Entity’ subfolder and select ‘Name (Grouped)’.

5. Select the Customer you wish to run the Report for.

6. Save/Preview.

This Report will include all transactions where the Customer is tagged, whether it’s a Posting or a Non-Posting Transaction.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.