This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by firemound 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

seamanjeff
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

So for over a year I’ve been running Eclipse Mars on Ubuntu Linux with the NetSuite plugin. It’s been acting up so I installed the new version of Eclipse, Neon, and then the eclipse plugin from http://system.netsuite.com/download/ide/update_e4. Once I installed the plugin, it dies instantly with this:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.castor.core.util.AbstractProperties).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f76b55e82b7, pid=12183, tid=0x00007f775f466700

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_111-b14) (build 1.8.0_111-b14)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.111-b14 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C [libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0+0x4e2b7] gdk_display_open+0x57

#

# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try “ulimit -c unlimited” before starting Java again

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# /home/jeff/eclipse/javascript-neon/eclipse/hs_err_pid12183.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

Going to see if I can get help from Eclipse folk, but in case you have a clue, post it here. Thanks.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4550 Score: 0

CREECE
    • Level 1

I suggest WebStorm and the NetSuite Tools plugin and move away from the Eclipse monstrosity. Eclipse isn’t built for javascript development and WebStorm offers so much more. For your actual question though, the Eclipse plugin usually requires a specific version of Eclipse to work well. I had neon and the plugin working on macos just fine a while back before switching IDEs so the version may not matter these days. It says there’s a report file with more info located at /home/jeff/eclipse/javascript-neon/eclipse/hs_err_pid12183.log. May be able to help out a little more if that log has some info.

• #4551 Score: 0

seamanjeff
    • Level 1

Will have to look at webstorm. Was also thinking about CodeAnywhere with gulp + gulp-nscabinet. It’s not as complete a solution as the Eclipse NS-IDE (suspect Webstorm isn’t either) but one could actually do continuous integration if one were so inclined. Then there’s Orion.

• #4552 Score: 0

mhson1978
    • Level 1

From what I can see, NetSuite documents and pushes out support for Eclipse. Do you know if WebStorm is officially supported by NetSuite?

• #4553 Score: 0

mhson1978
    • Level 1

seamanjeff , I also had issues with Eclipse Neon. I using Eclipse Kepler and it works well for me. I’m trying to figure out how to fix SS2.0 code completion issue at the moment.

• #4554 Score: 0

seamanjeff
    • Level 1

I can give a good initial report on WebStorm (on Ubuntu Xenial too).

• #4555 Score: 0

seamanjeff
    • Level 1

Regarding support from NetSuite – if Eclipse lurches along while NetSuite’s plugin fails to keep up, and they refused to even countenance Linux workstations, then the point is moot.

• #4556 Score: 0

CREECE
    • Level 1

NetSuite does not have a plugin for WebStorm. I created the WebStorm plugin myself to mimic the functionality of the Eclipse plugin in an IDE built from the ground up for javascript. The current WebStorm plugin allows for more flexible functionality than the current implementation of the Eclipse plugin (in that you aren’t limited to the folders they provide for the root) and should be familiar to anyone who has ever used the Eclipse plugin. It does NOT have SDF support though due to NetSuite still having the SDF command line util still in internal beta/dev. I’m not sure what you mean by the continuous integration comment. That shouldn’t be up to an IDE to do that. There are plenty of solutions like Jenkins/bitbucket/gitlab that have that built in. If you mean actually running some tests, then I’m still gonna go with WebStorm and node packages (node support is built in).

The gulp and other non-Eclipse/WebStorm solutions rely on you storing credentials in a unsecured config file that is then read and uses a restlet you deploy into your system to transfer files. While I am not a fan of storing unsecured credentials, this WILL get the job done. I suspect you will have to use something like that for CodeAnywhere unless you make your own plugin for that (if you can). CodeAnywhere does look pretty nice too.

• #4557 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

You should be using the TBA for anything like this.

I’ve used CodeAnywhere a few times and really like it. I’ve considered creating an integration but just haven’t had the time.

• #4558 Score: 0

CREECE
    • Level 1

Agree 100% with the TBA

• #4559 Score: 0

firemound
    • Level 1

I’m on Xenial and got the same issue with Neon. I’m currently running Mars with no problems.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.