This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brent Maxwell 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

khultquist
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Custom sublists always throw me for a loop… I’d like my custom sublist to show ‘Add, Cancel, Insert, Remove’ right there on the Parent record, like the built in sublists in NetSuite, so the user doesn’t have to navigate away from the Parent record. This is how the built in sublists look:

But my custom sublists don’t have the same functionality; you have to click a button to create a new subrecord, which adds load time and is just generally obnoxious.

Is there a way to get quickly add a new line to the custom sublist?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #2751 Score: 0

al3xicon
    • Level 1

Hi – for that I believe that you want to check the box on the custom record definition page marked: “Allow Child Record Editing”. I tested this on one of my custom records and it seems to be what you’re referring to.

• #2752 Score: 0

khultquist
    • Level 1

That’s it thanks!

• #26099 Score: 0

Brent Maxwell
    • Contributions: 1
    • Level 1
    @brent_maxwell

But what if the child record is not a custom record? I have a custom record that I want to contain a sublist of work orders, and have the ability to use the “add, cancel, remove, etc” functionality. I cannot find any settings that allow me to enable “Allow Child Record Editing” on standard records. I have to imagine this is possible right?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.