This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by chanarbon 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

kentroylance
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

So is it really true that with using SuiteTalk and with only one user/session, only one transaction/activity can occur at one time? If I am understanding this correctly, the only way around this restriction is to buy a NetSuite SuiteCloud Plus License, and that is still limited with 10 per license. Why is this so restrictive as compared to using Restlets? We are an integrator, and I don’t see this restriction with other CRM systems like Sales Force and Dynamics to name a few. I would appreciate more clarification on this policy and if my assumptions are correct.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6519 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

Hi kentroylance,

Unless you have SuiteCloud Plus and provisioned that concurrent web services user to the web services user, you can have only one active SuiteTalk web services session for that user. More or less, SuiteTalk has a list operation that’s what developers can use instead of a record per call.

• #6520 Score: 0

kentroylance
    • Level 1

So in other words, in a multi-threaded environment, will one SuiteTalk user work? Can multiple threads use the same SuiteTalk web services session to make web service calls? Where can I find the SuiteTalk list of operations that can be used in a single session multi-threaded environment?

• #6521 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

@kentroylance

If you plan to use a multithreaded environment with a single approach, you have to make sure that no two thread is to perform a SuiteTalk WS call on the same time. I would normally perform that approach by having a message queuing system like RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ which you can integrate on your code to push the message into the message work queue.

With the list operation that I mentioned, it is list addList or updateList which can be an approach for consecutive requests

• #6522 Score: 0

kentroylance
    • Level 1

Thanks for this helpful info. So as a new external integrator, what API technology is Oracle NetSuite trying to encourage their customers to use: Web Service, or Restlets? I notice that NetSuite doesn’t have a Rest Interface, but seems to be forcing their customers that want to use Rest to create their own Rest interface using Restlets (required to learn SuiteScript). Not a big fan of this approach. Is there any documentation on what the technical direction is regarding integration from external apps. Thanks again, you have been really helpful.

• #6523 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

kentroylance

It may depend on the approach that you plan on your integration. If you want to keep uniform code all throughout all your customer and use a SOAP based approach, then you should use SuiteTalk since you just need getCustomizationIds in case it may require. But is you want to build the solution specialized for each customer, then go for RESTlets

• #6524 Score: 0

kentroylance
    • Level 1

Based on this article http://techfino.com/governance-chang…-integrations/ that independently explains the pros and cons of using SOAP as compared to Restlets, it seem very obvious to me that the best option is to use Restlets. This concurrency issue is a big problem to overcome without spending alot of money. I am an integrator and it is just not reasonable to expect all of our customers should be required to purchase the SuiteCloud Plus License so that we don’t run into concurrency issues. I don’t see SalesForce or Dynamics playing these kind of games that makes it difficult to integrate with.

• #6525 Score: 0

jchernia
    • Level 1

You are correct, single operation per WS user unless you have SC+ and designate the user as a concurrent WS user, in which case it is 10. The restlet limit is an account wide limit.

-John

I believe the other systems you mention have governance as well, just of a different sort

• #6526 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

kentroylance ,

Similar to what John said, other applications do have their own limit like SalesForce having their own API Request limit and returning API request limit exceeded or some other form of governance. The MQ approach is a really common approach is something that would be of good consideration for this process though.

• #6527 Score: 0

ChrisLDeakin
    • Level 1

Hello,

If I have two applications using web services (SuiteTalk) to connect to Netsuite and both connect using a different user name/email address if they both call the web service at the same time will both process successfully or does one get refused until the first completes?

Thanks

Chris

roberth replied on 05/18/2017, 11:45 AM: Its one session per licenced user.

So in your instance, both applications are independent of each other and can use webservices concurrently

• #6528 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

ChrisLDeakin

Since the setup of the two applications are linked to different employee record/licence, then you can use both application concurrently.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.