This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by kcng 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

jt55401
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We have been using the new IDE to create custom fields, works great, we’ve been creating/updating field definitions with great success.

What’s the process to delete a customization we have done? Do we delete our XML file for that field, and then go delete it manually in the NetSuite web UI? or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4512 Score: 0

kcng
    • Level 1

jt55401, if this is an Account Customization project, then yes, you’ll need to delete it from the NetSuite Web UI. Then after deleting that Custom Field, remove the XML for it so it doesn’t get created during your next deploy.

bmesa replied on 05/15/2017, 11:58 AM: Are there any plans so that we can remove fields if we delete them from the XML? Thank you.

• #4513 Score: 0

kcng
    • Level 1

bmesa , are you asking about a custom record custom field?

• #4514 Score: 0

bmesa
    • Level 1

kcng Here are my scenarios:

1. Removing parameters from scripts (I can add parameters in the xml, but deleting them from the xml has no effect)

2. Removing custom fields from any object (Again, adding parameters in the xml works, but deleting from the xml has no effect)

• #4515 Score: 0

kcng
    • Level 1

bmesa , in general, for ACP, deletion does not reflect and you really need to modify it through the UI. If you’re using a SuiteApp, then the deletion in the XML will be reflected.

• #4516 Score: 0

bmesa
    • Level 1

kcng What SuiteApp would that be? I would be interested in that. Thanks.

• #4517 Score: 0

kcng
    • Level 1

bmesa, please take a look at https://netsuite.custhelp.com/app/an…eApp%20Project for instructions on how to create a SuiteApp project.

bmesa replied on 05/26/2017, 12:13 PM: Oh I understand, if I’m making a SuiteApp I can do deletions. I thought you meant if I use a SuiteApp that already exists. Got it, thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.