This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by mschuette 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

mschuette
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We have a custom Advanced PDF/HTML Template we use for our picking ticket. On the item line for the column Inventory Detail (we do have Advanced Bin Magmt enabled), it appears to be sorting the bins for that item by bin qty on hand, so that the bin with the most qty is at the top. We would like it to sort by bin number. Everything I have found on Suite Answers says that

"If Advanced Bin/Numbered Inventory Management feature is also enabled, it will now be replaced by Inventory Detail. However, Inventory Detail sorts it by inventory numbers (i.e., lot numbers, serial numbers) first then bin numbers."

which I would taks as it should be sorting by bin numbers, not qty. (we do not use lots or serial numbers)

Any ideas on how to change/fix this, or why it would be sorting by bin qty?

Thanks
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23728 Score: 0

Ferdinand
    • Level 1

Have you added any sorting in your Advanced PDF/HTML template? Look if there's a ?sort_by added to the #list tag. If not, normally the items should appear in the same order as they are entered to the transaction, not ordered by on hand quantity.

I did some customization for the order of our picking tickets using a custom column field which appears in the template as below:

Code:
    <#list record.item?sort_by("custcol_pickingorder") as item>
    The reason was that I wanted to put kit/package items at the top of the list, they were being pulled apart when sorting only by bin numbers.

But you could sort by "inventorydetail" if that's enough.

• #23729 Score: 0

mschuette
    • Level 1

Thank you for the reply.

But sorry, I probably did not explain well. We are not trying to sort the Items, but within each Line, for each Item, it shows all the Bin Locations where that Item is available. I want to sort those Bin Numbers within that one item line.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.