This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by hbruun 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

hbruun
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

About 4-5 days ago I started getting this error ‘Only one request may be made against a session at a time’ in a C#/SuiteTalk process that has not been modified in a couple of months. It runs 4 times a day and is single threaded. It sometimes gets the error on the very first call it makes. I have checked and there are not multiple instances of the process running. Any ideas? Any way to see if other processes are using the same account and if so where they are connecting from? My client is telling me this process is the only one using the account, but double checking. When my process is done I’m calling the logout() method, so I don’t believe I’m leaving anything open from the last run (hours between each run).
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #6543 Score: 0

j.j
    • Level 1

try checking under Setup>integration>Web Services Usage Log and Web Services Process Status – here you can see all the connections and logs of each connection, this will help you in tracing the issue.

• #6544 Score: 0

hbruun
    • Level 1

Thank you. I didn’t know that log file was available. It confirms that I’m the only one with a process running at that time. I have circled the entry that is failing with that message about ‘only one request may be made against a session at a time’. It is my very first call when I start running the process at 9pm.

Are all the entries on that screen from background web services calls? The calls showing in the log a couple of minutes prior to my call is from a process that I do not recognize and its integration value says ‘Default Web Services Integrations’ Could it possibly be the process that is causing my process problems when I log in?

• #6545 Score: 0

azhukov
    • Level 1

It is possible a root cause for your issue. ‘Default Web Services Integrations’ stand for all external apps that do not have their own App Id sent along with requests coming to NetSuite. There are number of ways you may want to consider to chase that: a) change user credentials, so this task will start failing (be careful with changing just a password as after 6 failed attempts the user record gets locked for 30 mins). Creating a new user / changing an email address also might be a better option; b) forbid the default application, so all requests from external unknown applications will be refused (again be careful with this unless you are sure that nobody should send requests to your account =).

• #6546 Score: 0

hbruun
    • Level 1

Would assigning an app id to the process that is currently not identifying itself with an app id help? Meaning can two different applications communicate using the web services at the same time? The two processes are already using different email addresses when they log in.

• #6547 Score: 0

azhukov
    • Level 1

Web Services governance works at the user level, not at the application (integration) level. So if you say you use different users today (or the same user with the Suite Cloud Plus license), it should not behave like this. However the error that you get “Only one request may be made against a session at a time” happens when you either get assigned to an existing session (must be the same user) or explicitly send the same JSESSIONID.

As an idea to verify – there are two searches that you run one by one but still quite close from each other

– search inventory/item (9:00:18) and it takes ~1,5 secs on the server side

– search customer (9:00:20)

Just to verify an assumption, you may want to put a few seconds delay between them and see whether it helps.

In any case I would suggest raising a customer case, so somebody can take a deeper look at logs.

• #6548 Score: 0

hbruun
    • Level 1

I will need to open the customer case like you suggest. I switched some things around to troubleshoot this and I now get the ‘Only one request may be made against a session at a time’ on my login() call. I’m making sure my last call in all cases is a logout() and the process only runs every 3-4 hours.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.