This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by k_dunc 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

jprice
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I'm looking to create an Online Customer form that will not be generated as a lead, I simply want the form to email me without creating a lead. How can I do this? I asked NS support what steps I have to take and to reference me any Answer ID articles; I was given their scripted response.

I have a "record type" made, in which I need information from the customer on, I'll need to create fields in the online customer form so that I can appropriately MAP the content in excel.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23282 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

What sort of record type are you hoping to have created once the user submits the online form?

One thing you could do, is create a Custom Record containing the exact fields you want on your Online Form. Save the Custom Record, then create a Custom Online Form for that Custom Record. Link that URL to your website, then when the user submits that form, it will create a new record of whatever you called your Custom Record. From there, you could then either script or Workflow a solution that will take those data from the custom record, and either create or update a Customer record (if that's your intended result).

Hopefully that makes sense.

Cheers,

Kirk.

• #23283 Score: 0

jprice
    • Level 1

I'm looking to create a review record type, I have the necessary fields made and I now need to create an online customer form for us to moderate and add to the record.

I'll most likely need to create new fields to receive the email.

Could I uncheck "create customers as companies", "Allow update", "allow update on customer record", "allow update on contact" record?

If there is no way for me to receive the mail with the content without generating a lead, then I'll need to be able to remove the lead that was generated without updating any records.

• #23284 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

Not sure I fully understand what you're trying to achieve, therefore, it's making it hard for me to help to advise. Are you hoping to edit / update an existing Customer record based on data entered on the Online Customer Form?

• #23285 Score: 0

jprice
    • Level 1

Not at all, I just want to be emailed the information I require; no updating an existing customer record.

If I can't go through the online customer form, I have to go through a third-party. I would program the email script in PHP myself, but NetSuite doesn't currently support PHP.

• #23286 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

Okay, got it. My suggestion then is to forget using the Online Customer Form and instead create a Custom Record with the fields that you want to collect. After creating the Custom Record, you can then create an Online Custom Record Form (from within your Custom Record, navigate to the Online Forms subtab and create either a New Online Form, or a New Online HTML Form). Set up your form as required. In the Online Custom Record Form, in the Set Up Workflow subtab, enter your email address in the Notify By Email field. That will now automatically send you an email each time the form is submitted. From the External subtab, grab the External Publishable URL and paste that into your website as required.

That should do everything you're after.

Cheers,

Kirk.

• #23287 Score: 0

jprice
    • Level 1

Thanks! I just found that.

I'd like to use my own custom code, I referenced the necessary values for the "name" of the forms and it tells me I need <NLNAME>, etc.

Is there a way around that? I don't want to use NetSuite's form code; old and outdated. I'll wrap the form tags, it's just the inputs.

• #23288 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

Ah, if you use NetSuite's Custom Record 'Name' field, then I believe you'll need to use the '<NLNAME>' tag. If you don't use the Name field, as well as for all your other Custom Fields, you can give them your own ID that you'll then need to reference from within your Online HTML Form.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.