This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by timelms 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

timelms
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have a number of saved searches that use highlighting – sometime text (eg bold or colour) and / or background – based on criteria.

However not all the fields in the row are highlighted.

For example: one of the criterion = is the contact (person) the primary contact for the customer (company), in this case the following are highlighted (red bold text in my example) okay (company, job title, etc) but the contacts name is bold but not red, same applies to the following fields: edit, email, remove.

In another case (same saved search, but different criterion) all field are highlighted (this case grey background) with the exception of the company field (no background highlighting).

Any idea why / how to fix?

I could apply text formatting to individual fields, but obviously would rather not.

Many thanks

T
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #22486 Score: 0

torin@aminian.com
    • Level 1

That's strange, all of the fields in the row should reflect your highlighting rules. Can you post pics of your criteria, results and highlighting setup? Also what is the type of saved search?

• #22487 Score: 0

timelms
    • Level 1

Hi there

See attached. I have created dummy entries for confidentiality reasons.

In the example there are 2 highlight criteria being applied:

1) [relatively simple] if the contact's role is the [primary contact] or [decision maker] then highlight in bold (this works) and red (this only for some of the fields).

2) if the contact has an end date in the tenure records [which I think has been set up as a linked table – sorry I did not set up and I am new to NetSuite, so I am thinking how it may be set up in other databases] then background to be grey- as per my original post – all work except the [company] field.

I did wonder if there was some individual field formatting somewhere that is overwriting my highlight requirements. I have (briefly) read that individual fields can be formatted via "the validation & defaulting section" – however I don't know where that is / how to access it (ref post: https://usergroup.netsuite.com/users…based-on-value).

Grateful for your ideas.

Cheers

T

torin@aminian.com replied on 05/29/2018, 04:10 PM: Thanks for the additional info. I see that this issue is occurring only when you add the search as a sublist. I recreated your search and ran into the same issue. It seems that some fields do not obey certain highlighting rules when shown as a sublist vs. viewing the search results. I would report this to NetSuite to confirm if this is standard behavior or a defect. I was unable to find any documentation to explain this behavior.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.