This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by al3xicon 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

al3xicon
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi all –

I’m just wondering if anyone has used the ODBC connectors that are NOT built by NetSuite? I found some that seem much cheaper than what I was quoted by NetSuite themselves.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #8379 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Out of curiosity, can you link some of those alternative connectors?

Some that I have seen in the past are not actually ODBC connectors. They are web service connections that mimic ODBC

Fundamentally, you CANNOT access NS with ODBC unless you buy the module, since the module enables ODBC connection. No module, no possibility of true ODBC. This can make a difference because record exposure in ODBC isn’t exactly the same as Web Services.

• #8380 Score: 0

al3xicon
    • Level 1
  • #8381 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

Ok, same one I saw. This is a “fake” ODBC connection to NS. This may or may not matter, but just FYI. This uses Web Services to connect to NS. To be honest, in all probability, it WON’T matter that this isn’t true ODBC. The point of a connector like this is to plug into a 3rd party app that expects an ODBC connection. This effectively translates that expectation from ODBC to standard SOAP web service. The 3rd party app is happy, it gets what it wants, which is probably all that matters.

• #8382 Score: 0

al3xicon
    • Level 1

Gotcha – that definitely explains why it is so much cheaper then! Thanks for the insight Olivier Gagnon NC , it is much appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.