This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by starlingMark 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Scott.G
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello, I need to be able to pull a couple of values into a custom field associated with the item record. These fields do not seem to be available to work directly with an item custom field.

1) Item Location Availability; We only have 1 location. I assume there must be some type of join format and index to pull the location available value and associate it with the item.

2) Preferred Bin; We need to include this on a item label but that field again is not available to me.

I have seen a post from 2013 where a user said he had to use a "Scheduled Script" to run and push the preferred bin into a custom field then compare so when the native preferred bin changes and no longer = that in the custom field to re-populate the field.

I think I may need to do something similar with location availability? I am not sure if I can learn this scripting soon enough as we plan to go live the first of May. We are migrating from a local SQL system where any modifications were made by SQL query.

Please point me in the right direction or if you are a consultant send me a PM.

Thank you, Scott
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23731 Score: 0

starlingMark
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi (again) Scott,

What you are trying to do is pretty typical. It would be pretty easy to pull on a search, but there is probably an extra step involved if you need it in a field on the record. I'll PM you to continue the discussion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.