This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by pcutler 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

T.Watz
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi, I need to show the net amount before taxes for each line on our invoices.

Since our discounts are non-posting, the discount is applied to each row using the standard calculation-rules set by Netsuite.

In saved searches there’s a field avaliable called {netamountnotax} but that field doesn’t seem to be available for Advanced PDF for some reason.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get that to show on the invoice?

At the moment we have a userevent script that calculates the net amount before tax according to the same rules as netsuite and then saves it to a custom field. But I’d like to move away from custom scripts and use as much standard features as possible.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #2281 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

This now has an enhancement registered in SuiteIdeas. https://system.netsuite.com/app/site…tsearch=430640. (feel free to vote

It seems as such a simple addition, but I guess I shouldn’t count on the enhancement to get realized in the near future.

• #2282 Score: 0

pcutler
    • Level 1

I agree that this would be a valuable enhancement. Calculating the application of discounts ourselves is not a good solution, especially with the waters further muddied by the new SuitePromotions feature.

• #2283 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

Good to know that we’re not the only one.

It feels a bit weird that it isn’t available. since the field obviously is calculated by the backend for at least revenue purposes.

How have you solved the problem? Client-/beforesubmit-/aftersubmit-script?

• #2284 Score: 0

pcutler
    • Level 1

We had to re-write the logic ourselves in a before submit user event script. But for your purposes, you can leverage the netamountnotax search column – write a before load script that performs a search and sets that value in a custom non-store-value field or custom page field when type == print

• #2285 Score: 0

T.Watz
    • Level 1

Thank you for that insight, we too have a before submit-script that does the same. But your other suggested solution is interesting.

What stopped you from doing it that way?

• #2286 Score: 0

pcutler
    • Level 1

We need to set other fields on the transaction based on the discounted amount, and when you’re setting fields on the transaction the best practice is to set them before submit so that you don’t have to re-submit the record. Re-submitting the record is a major performance hit.

If you’re just using the information on the transaction but not setting anything, then it makes sense to use the after submit event or a scheduled script and read the values that NetSuite calculates for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.