This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by ChicagoOmega 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

ChicagoOmega
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello All!

I need to add a child record to the sales order form. But when I go to choose it from the list/record drop down on the custom child field it is not a choice. Any options here? The child records need to be entered on the sales order. Or associated with them in some way, such as using another custom form as the parent and a link from the sales order to this form. Ideally, though, I would like the child records to be entered on the sales order.

Thanks!
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #23269 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

The parent record type will need to be a Transaction. There is no specific 'Sales Order' parent type. So when you create your Custom Field in the Custom Record, create a 'List/Record' Type of 'Transaction' and that should then allow you to link your Custom Record to a Sales Order.

• #23270 Score: 0

ChicagoOmega
    • Level 1

Hi Kirk,

Thanks, that helped get the record on the sales order. This is the second time around for me making child records. The first time had a custom record as it's parent and it was editable on the form for the parent itself. One did not have to open a child record to enter data into a child record, it could be done inline on the parent form. This time, however, the result is having to open a child record and enter data on that, which is then displayed in a list on the subtab. Is there any way to do it the first way, so that the entry is like entering items on a sales order or purchase order?

Thanks!

• #23271 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

Not sure if this will fix it, but have you 'ticked' either / both the 'Allow Child Record Editing' and 'Enable Inline Editing'?

• #23272 Score: 0

ChicagoOmega
    • Level 1

I have both ticked, which is how I had it last time. To me it's not that big of a deal, but the project managers using this record want it to be inline. I'll keep comparing to the old custom records and see if I can find the difference between what I did.

• #23273 Score: 0

ChicagoOmega
    • Level 1

*Palm smack* it's inline in edit mode.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.