This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jerome 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

seamanjeff
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have a MapReduce script running in Test mode in the sandbox and there’s a logic bug in it (which I found after I started it).. it seems to be taking a very very long time to die. Is there really no way to kill it ?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #1037 Score: 0

robert.paulson
    • Level 1

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn’t. You will have to wait for the script to finish.

• #1038 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

I find it best to build into the script a kill switch. This can be done many ways. One way is to use the N/cache module that is shared as public. Then you can have another script, such as a suitelet, that sets a kill value. In you Map/Reduce phases you would look for this kill switch before making any processes. If it’s there just do a return. Unfortunately it will still go through all the results but at least it will exit faster and not process anything. I don’t think there is a way to kill the entire script once it’s started.

• #26130 Score: 0

Jerome
    • Contributions: 1
    • Level 1
    @jerome_morden

Edit the script record and check the inactive then save. Just wait for a couple of minutes not more than 10mins and an script execution exceeded error occured.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.