This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by gdewey 15 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Trimble
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We have two warehouses, and use the multi-location inventory feature. I would like to have an inventory report that lists quantity available in each location. Is this possible?

I can can get quantity on hand in each location, and I can get quantity available in one location (by filtering to that location), but I can’t get ’em both in one report. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Evan
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #8192 Score: 0

WalterM
    • Level 1

RE: Inventory Report, Available by Location?

Typically, these reports are used at different times and therefore don’t have to show up on the same report. If this is the case for you, simply create a New Report for Quantity on Hand. (Reports>New Reports>Quantity on Hand)

Don’t change anything and select Summary report. It yields total Quantity on Hand.

Hope that helps.

• #8193 Score: 0

Trimble
    • Level 1

If I’ve understood you correctly, that won’t work for us. Two reasons:

1) Our reps check current inventory in the field, and so I want them using the quantity available (On Hand – Committed), not On Hand. Including both On Hand and Committed is more columns than I’d like.

2) We have 2 transfers/week between warehouses, and so it’s very helpful to see the available in each location in one report. On a Tuesday, for example, a rep can frequently make a sale for delivery on Friday for product not in their home warehouse.

Thank you nonetheless though. Any other ideas for getting quantity available by location in a report?

• #8194 Score: 0

gdewey
    • Level 1

I have the exact same requirement. I need our sales reps to check for our 4 warehouses to give real time inventory on a saved report.

I have manage to get very close using an “inventory item” saved report and using the “Inventory Location : Name” on the result list. this will display the product as many times as each location you have.

that is

Product 1 warehouse 1

Product 1 warehouse 2

Product 1 warehouse 3

that works.. but I havent find the right field to show the show the actual inventory. The logica fields are

Inventory Number : Available etc..

But is not showing anything..

let me know if you get any further than that.

• #8195 Score: 0

evan_goldberg
    • Level 1

I think you want to use the “Inventory Location” and “Location Available” fields in Item Search.

Thanks,

-e

• #8196 Score: 0

gdewey
    • Level 1

what worked for me was using

Inventory Location : Name

and then

Location On Hand

Location On Order

Location some others…

the same products repets as many rows as your warehouses but works.

I hope there was a way to have this as columns and not as rows. but so far this works

• #8197 Score: 0

evan_goldberg
    • Level 1

We are working on being able to produce matrix output from search for a future version.

Thanks,

-e

• #8198 Score: 0

gdewey
    • Level 1

Grate Evan. look forward on being able to do that. There is a large potential use on that, not only on the inventory search but in many searches along the NS

Regards

• #8199 Score: 0

Trimble
    • Level 1

With help from Netsuite I now have available by location, but neither I nor support could get item prices to appear in a sensible manner. Though location prices do not exist in Netsuite, item prices prices appear by location in the matrix report, once for every location. Moreover, the price in the “Total” column appears as double the actual price (once for each location in the report). I asked to have a defect case created but this is apparently an enhancement, though that strains common sense.

I’m very excited to hear that Matrix reporting will come to searches. Any idea when?

• #8200 Score: 0

gdewey
    • Level 1

Trimble, what you are traying to acomplish is a view with locations, inventories and prices?

as from what I understand is not possible since its a view 3 sub lists or tables

– items

– locations

– price lists

maybe I am understanding wrong but only 2 things can be tied up. ITEMS AND LOCATIONS . or ITEMS and PRICE LIST (in case you only have one, or make it dynamic with a criteria).

• #8201 Score: 0

Trimble
    • Level 1

(If I understand you correctly I actually don’t want prices to be part of the matrix, which is to say listed by location. Just want quantity available by location, and price, which according to support is not currrently possible.

Thanks,

Evan

• #8202 Score: 0

gdewey
    • Level 1

hope this the inventory per location was available on the website :S

calls are hitting our sales staff becuse info is not available any more on our product detail as we use to.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.