This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by BrianE 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Hooblue
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help. I've created some customers for a new subsidiary that we have set up in our sandbox system. I have also created various new items to be used with the new subsidiary. The new sub is called Test1 and has an ID of 23. I've then gone to try and upload some sales orders for these customers via csv import.

However I'm getting an error message on the csv import stating "invalid item reference key xxxxx for subsidiary 23"

I've checked the new customer and it has the sub set to Test1. I've checked the new item and it also has the sub set to Test1, so I'm not quite sure where the issue is. Any ideas?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #24347 Score: 0

mwhite@hgyp.com
    • Level 1

When I've had this problem, it's because I didn't tell the import I was using an internal id. Use the pencil to tell the import you're sending an internal and not the name.

Be sure to use the internal id for both the item and the subsidiary. It resolves a lot of problems.

• #24348 Score: 0

Hooblue
    • Level 1

Originally posted by mwhite@hgyp.com

View Post

When I've had this problem, it's because I didn't tell the import I was using an internal id. Use the pencil to tell the import you're sending an internal and not the name.

Be sure to use the internal id for both the item and the subsidiary. It resolves a lot of problems.

Thanks for this. I've used exactly the same csv template etc for other sales order uploads using the name and they've worked fine.

I've just tried to create a sales order manually for the customer and for some reason the new items i've set up don't appear in the item dropdown, so I'm assuming it's something to do with that, but no idea what yet as the items look ok to me.

• #24349 Score: 0

mwhite@hgyp.com
    • Level 1

Do you have an item filter on the form?

• #24350 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

I would just double check that your items are properly extended to your new sub.

• #24351 Score: 0

BrianE
    • Level 1

The help for Subsidiary on the item record mentions: "A subsidiary must be associated with an item in order for the item to be added to a transaction related to that Subsidiary."

If items should be shared across all subsidiaries assign the top most subsidiary to the item and check [X] Include Children.

The error message references both InternalIds (Item and Subsidiary) so the lookups / how your referencing them in the CSV is working.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.