This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by smurphy820 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Voltron
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We bought a company that also uses NetSuite. We’re combining instances into one, ours (call ours A and theirs B). Both companies use the CRM module. Cutting over from their system to ours will not be like flipping a switch because Cases will continue to be updated even though new Cases will be created in the new system at the flip of a switch.

To keep our support reps from switching back and forth between instances and to shorten the period we need to keep B instance active, I had this idea to integrate the two systems, specifically to synchronize Cases. I haven’t worked out the details, but it would look something like this…

1. import all Cases from B to A (CSV, most likely)

2. message is added to existing Case in B (by customer responding to email that originally came from B)

3. script/automation connects to A to find same case and add message (including setting author and recipient info properly as if it was sent directly to A)

Thoughts? Snags? I thought I would use RESTlets and Suitelets to connect, but wondered if there is an interesting solution that might be very fast. One example off the cuff: integration user has roles in both systems and can switch roles within the same script (not likely)

Also, what happens if someone responds to an email that came from NS and that NS instance no longer exists? Does NS have a useful bounceback? Maybe I’ll call Support.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4734 Score: 0

smurphy820
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Your Suitlet Idea would work fairley well. but you will need user event function as well.

if you want update from system B to show up in system A:

Use a User Event function on after submit in system B,

if the case has not yet been sent to system A create a new case in A on Submit of system B

if the case already has been sent (you can tell by using a custom field with the NEW case # in it.) then just update the case # in system A.

you will need to do this same thing for Cusotmer and Contacts as well otherwise the cases will not be created on the proper contact and customer Id.

In system A use a Suitelet (or a restlet) o except the incoming call to create or update the case.

I have done this from NS to Another System so I know it will work. I did not do it for cases but the concept is the same.

-Sean

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.