This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by mark petzold 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

mark petzold
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I've got a folder full of pdf documents in our Netsuite filing cabinet. The file names begin with the internal id of our customer records and there is a one to one relationship between them. Does CSV importing allow for documents to be assigned to other records based on filenames?

I would have a csv file that lists customer ids 123456 and document names 123456.pdf

So far I haven't found any documentation on this and my efforts have all failed.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #24504 Score: 0

BillGaertner
    • Level 1

I've had similar issues with any sort of CSV imports with files. I'm trying to do something as simple as changing file names in a spreadsheet that has the file internal ID and then upload that with a CSV import to update file names en masse. Have you ever figured out how to do that?

• #24505 Score: 0

mark petzold
    • Level 1

Nope. There is no way to do it via CSV import. We're currently looking at scripts or web service. I'll update this thread when we get it figured out.

• #24506 Score: 0

jejacob
    • Level 1

Hi Mark,

This can be done with a trick if you wanted to use CSV Import and not script:

STEPS:

ENABLE FEATURE: Setup > Company > Enable Features > Items and Inventory > SELL DOWNLOADABLE FILES = T

1. Prepare the CSV File:

Customer ID File

1234 123456.pdf

2. Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records

Import Type: Relationships

Record Type: Customers and Contacts Together

Upload the file

Data Handling: ADD OR UPDATE

3. In the mapping page:

Customer ID <=> customer : Internal ID

File <=> customer Downloads 1 : Attach File

4. Run the import

RESULT:

Open the customer record > Sales > Downloads. The file will be stored in this subtab.

If you opt not to enable this feature, then you need a script(preferably scheduled script) to attach the file to a record object.

function scheduled_attachedFileToCustomer(type){

var fileId = 123;

var custId = 12

nlapiAttachRecord('file', fileId, 'customer', 12);

}

NOTE: Make sure you incorporate script governance to handle unit governance and let your script re-instantiate itself once the limit has reached.

File will be stored in Customer record > Communication > Files subtab

• #24507 Score: 0

mark petzold
    • Level 1

These are great suggestions. Thanks for the help!

I don't see the Downloadable Files option in our account. I guess it's maybe a module that we don't have.

For the script, where is the variable data coming from? ie; How does the script know which files belong to which customers?

PS: Would this be possible with a custom record instead of the customer record? It looks like it would to me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.