This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Ettienne 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Ettienne
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I'm trying to update customer External ID for new customers entered in the UI, these are obviously blank.

I import a CSV file with Internal ID and External ID based on SuiteAnswer ID 25459

https://netsuite.custhelp.com/app/an…0external%20id

But I get an error: Could not find record with ExternalId = xxxxxx

All records fail to import with the same error.

Well the customer with that external ID has a blank external ID, so this makes no sense, right?

I was able to import External ID before, why not now?

Attached Files

CustomerExternalIDNotSet.txt

(89 Bytes, 1 view)
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #24353 Score: 0

mwhite@hgyp.com
    • Level 1

Is this the actual file? I get carriage return issues when I try to open it as a CSV.

• #24354 Score: 0

Ettienne
    • Level 1

Mmmm…. that's odd. It is my CSV file renamed .TXT because it would not allow me to attach a CSV file.

Anyways… I was tripped up by my own stupidity LOL

I had added a custom field int_id and I pull Internal ID into a formula, so I can display it on the customer screen. I thought it was a good idea at the time

That field was named "Internal ID" on the form…. when I was importing to Internal ID it was the custom field and not the system field, ugh!

Lesson learned.

• #24355 Score: 0

mwhite@hgyp.com
    • Level 1

Well, now I know not to try that. We've considered it. Sounds like such a handy idea.

• #24356 Score: 0

Ettienne
    • Level 1

It is handy having Internal ID and External ID on the customer record, we do a LOT of importing using both references.

Just don't name it the same on the form! LOL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.