This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by corey 11 years ago.

• Author

corey
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

My co-workers have been noticing this for a while. They hit ctrl+u in the IDE and the file looks like it updates. In the document library the file update time stamp reflects what time the IDE pushes the file. But, the changes don’t get pushed to the live script. You can run the restlet and the lastest changes aren’t there. If you go to the script record and hit preview (yes, cleared all the cache) or download the file it is not the updated file.

I hadn’t noticed this as I hardly ever work on our restlets, but I did yesterday and had this happen to me. I don’t know if it restricted to only that script type or not but it is troublesome.

Has anyone else experienced this? I usually have zero problems with the IDE.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #4810 Score: 0

Daniel Giguere
    • Level 1

Hi,

Not sure what Ctrl-U does, but what I do to make sure it is uploaded is to right click on the file, –> NetSuite –> Upload Selected File(s) and it works great. Does that works on your side?

Regards,

Daniel

• #4811 Score: 0

Daniel Giguere
    • Level 1

I then tried Ctrl-U right after doing the above step and it worked on my side, the file updated well.

You may verify what the error could be by looking at the web service request and response related to the pushing of this file (In Setup –> Integration –> Web Service Usage Logs, then look for the update file operation, then the response should indicate what’s wrong.

Hope this helps.

• #4812 Score: 0

corey
    • Level 1

Thanks for that web services filter tip. Worked a treat.

I was successfully able to upload and correctly update my restlets (and other scripts) but not the problem one from the other day.

I figured out what our deal was, though. It turns out that the scripts we were having problems with were ones we had bundled from our sandbox. Looking closely at the script record: In edit mode clicking the chevron on the Script File field and choosing open brings me to the file record for this script and that one had a bundle folder listed. Once I changed the script record to point at the correct file all was hunky dory.

It was confusing and kept people on my team from trusting the IDE. We know what to look for next time. Creating our own bundles is a new process for us.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.