This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Jochen 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

eleran
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

I have setup a workflow to automate emailing of invoices and credits to certain customers. I would like to have the email include the transaction number within the subject line of the email itself. How could I achieve that?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #10341 Score: 0

torin@aminian.com
    • Level 1

You should be able to include an email tag in the subject line. Try inputting ${documentnumber} or ${number} in the subject line when editing the workflow and send a test email.

• #10342 Score: 0

k_dunc
    • Level 1

One slight clarification here, depending on which type of email you’ve created in your Workflow (either Use Template or Custom), will depend on whether you need to use the “$” or not. In ‘Use Template’, which is linked to an Email Template, you will need the “$” as indicated by torin@aminian.com, however, if you’ve used a Custom (or ’embedded’) email template, then you will not need to use the “$”.

• #10343 Score: 0

n.tiwari@manduka.com
    • Level 1

Try using {TRANID} -> We use this internal id for SOs and POs custom workflows and it includes the appropriate SO number (e.g. SO-9769) or PO number (e.g. PO-9769) in the email sent to us – You can use it in the workflow’s Send Email Action. Works both in subject as well as the body of the email sent.

• #10344 Score: 0

eleran
    • Level 1

Thank you so much. {TRANID} is what I needed for this particular workflow but i can see the other solution coming in handy as well. Thanks again all.

• #10345 Score: 0

Jochen
    • Level 1

YES! That’s great! Does anyone have a clue on how to access more fields from the transaction? I need some standard and custom fields in my emails that were sent with the workflow.

Used mass update function previously and that worked like a charm. But because I want to schedule another time (after the office closed and not an 3 in the night) and need more content than the possible 4kb text, I need to change to the workflows. Would be so great to have more fulfillment transaction details in these emails …

• #10346 Score: 0

Dew
    • Level 1

Try going to Documents > Templates > Email Templates > New. There you can use the text editor “Field Type” and “Insert Field” fields to help design your email. After saving, select it in the workflow with the “Use Template” option rather than the “Custom” option.

• #10347 Score: 0

Jochen
    • Level 1

Yep, that helped me a lot! Thanks!

Also I only needed to remove the “$” and “transaction” or “record” from my previous mass update (freemarker-) template and it works like a charm. Too bad it’s not possible to implement some intelligence in the email. Would love to have this just like in the mass update message field, which is Freemarker (http://freemarker.org/docs/index.html).

• #10348 Score: 0

Jochen
    • Level 1

This is the html for the email that is used in the workfow 🙂

HTML Code:
    Shipping advice

{custbody_howordercamein} von {custbody_orderedby}, {shipmethod} {custbodytrackingno}

Shipping advice

Thanks a lot for your order, it is now in shipping process.
    Find attached your delivery note as PDF for your own files. It is also attached to the shipment, so there’s no need to print it. The invoice will be sent with separate email.

Details for shipment {TRANID}
    {createdFrom}/{custbody_customerid} of {custbody_orderdate}
    ordered: {custbody_howordercamein} by {custbody_orderedby}
    contents: check attached PDF
    tracking: {shipmethod} {custbodytrackingno}
    Shipping address:
    {shipAddress}

Hint: maybe your package is not tracked yet. In this case check again later!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE ON DAMAGED BOXES
    Please do not receipt the shipment if it is damaged or the content might be damaged. Warranty claims due to damages caused by the parcel services could not be handled afterwards.
    Please do not accept the shipment and immediately inform us in this case. Thanks a lot!
    If you have any further questions concerning your order or our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
    All the best from Northern Germany!
    Your friends at teamXYZ

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.