This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by kristopherw 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

kristopherw
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to add bottle deposits to invoice templates. Here’s the line from the original template my company was using:

${item.item}${item.description}

The trouble is that bottle deposits in our system are currently stored as OtherChargeSaleItem, which doesn’t have a description field. The information I want to include in the template is in item.displayname instead.

I’ve worked around this in one template with the following:

${item.item}< #if item.displayname?length != 0>${item.displayname}< #else>${item.description}

Unfortunately this isn’t a universal fix. There are several different templates depending on the type of customer and their notification preferences. Some of these templates use Advanced PDF/HTML Templates. Others use the layout wizard. I think there may be more templates that have not yet been brought to my attention as well.

My question is, how can I change this so that bottle deposits show up in all invoices and sales orders in the same way that regular items do, using item.description?

My second question is, is there a way to get PDF files to update after making changes? It seems like most of the time when I make a change to the template, the changes are not reflected in the PDF file right away. I refresh the page and nothing changes.

Thanks!

Kris
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.