This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by chanarbon 7 years ago.

• Author

karenn
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hello all,

We are looking to include some data driven graphs in a 2.0 Suitelet. Any recommendations on what to use? New territory for us.

Thanks,

Karen
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #1059 Score: 0

david.smith
    • Level 1

I use the Google charts. They seem to work well.

• #1060 Score: 0

karenn
    • Level 1

Thanks David. I’ll check it out

• #1061 Score: 0

erictgrubaugh
    • Level 1

For another choice, I have used Chart.js (http://www.chartjs.org/). Nothing against Google Charts, I simply haven’t used that before.

• #1062 Score: 0

karenn
    • Level 1

From what I am seeing it appears Google Charts cannot be downloaded which means it could not be placed in File Cabinet which is what is going to be required in 2017.1. Maybe I am missing something.

I will check out Charts

david.smith replied on 03/15/2017, 07:37 AM: You don’t need to load it into the file cabinet. Just load it as you would on any other HTML page with the script/css links.

google.charts.load(‘current’, {packages: [‘corechart’]});

google.charts.setOnLoadCallback(drawChart);

• #1063 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

D3 and HighCharts are my personal choice for my graph needs

• #1064 Score: 0

karenn
    • Level 1

Thanks all. Anyone have any good examples of how to use these in a NetSuite Suitelet? Doing this in Html/javascript is one thing. Suitelet is a whole other ballgame

david.smith replied on 03/17/2017, 07:07 AM: Suitelets are a very powerful thing. They take many forms. One of them is pure HTML. Another is a NetSuite Form that can use NetSuite fields and such. Personally, I like to combine the two so that my HTML pages keeps the NetSuite menu but contains my customized HTML.

One quick tip I can give is to save your HTML as a file in the file cabinet. That way you can do all your editing like you normally would. When you go to render your page with your suitelet do something like this.

1) create a new form (so the menu remains)

2) add an inlinehtml field

3) load your html file

4) set the default value of the field to the file contents

5) render your page with form.writepage(…)

Hope that helps some.

• #1065 Score: 0

MChammaTX
    • Level 1

I think NetSuite’s native dashboards use Highcharts. Might be a good option if you want to keep the same look and feel.

• #1066 Score: 0

karenn
    • Level 1

Company is not going to spend money on this if they can avoid it so Highcharts is probably out

• #1067 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

To use D3, in case you plan to use it. You have to use a shim on the require.config() to properly use it as a library for a client suitescript which will be the script that’s drawing the components on your page.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.