This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by acnewman55 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

acnewman55
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Is there a way to limit the fields that can be returned in global search?

For example – I want to open the REI customer record for review, so I global search for cust: REI.

The suggested results include hundreds of customer records that are individual REI employees with REI referenced in their email addresses or company.

Is it possible to limit the global search to only the customer ID field for customer records so that a search for REI would only return customers with REI in the customer name/ID?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #5514 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

start with CUS: customer name and it will filter down to only customer records

• #5515 Score: 0

rnedelkow
    • Level 1

Or try the “customer”:REI prefix with the quotes. There are several prefixes that work with global search. SuiteAnswers Answer Id: 8402 provides examples. – https://netsuite.custhelp.com/app/an…earch%20prefix

• #5516 Score: 0

acnewman55
    • Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions, I’m already using the “cust:” prefix. I did try using “customer” as the prefix but the same suggested results were returned. All the records I’m returning are customer records – the problem is the records are returning because the text “rei” is present in fields other than the customer name.

I guess what I really need is a field-specific prefix for the customer/name ID. Don’t think that exists though.

• #5517 Score: 0

carl.billings
    • Level 1

Doesnt sound like you are getting this. Simply type CUS: and the customer name / id you want to filter on and the global search results should come back with only customer records with that in its name

• #5518 Score: 0

jkelly
    • Level 1

I see the problem also. Any customer records with those three letters together at any point within the text are returned. Using the prefix without quotes and the search keyword with quotes should get you there. Ex: cus: “REI”

• #5519 Score: 0

acnewman55
    • Level 1

Unfortunately even using cus: “REI” continues to return the REI text from the company field (shown in parenthesis following the customer ID/Name in the search results).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.