This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by savethepennies 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

whitecloud
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Hi All,

I’m trying to write a C#.NET program to get the data out of Netsuite and update our Salesforce org. I notice that our org do not have SuiteAnalytics (ODBC Driver) turn on. I checked with our account manager and they quoted me for $3k+ per year. If I remember correctly, I can get ODBC driver for free back in 2009. So, is it true that we have to pay to be able to use ODBC setup with our org? I also check cdata website and they only priced their ODBC driver for $700.

Can anyone give me some direction?

Thanks.
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #8301 Score: 0

chanarbon
    • Level 1

Hi @whitecloud,

For enabling the feature, there are pretty much a number of articles in SuiteAnswers like 38965 and 38960

• #8302 Score: 0

Olivier Gagnon NC
    • Level 1

The ODBC module was never free. There has always been a cost. So if you want it, yes, you need to buy it.

CData is ***NOT**** and ODBC connector. It uses web services to *simulate* an ODBC connection. Obviously, if you do not need true ODBC, CData’s connector is a good deal and a good idea. You just need to be aware that there definitely are differences between web services and ODBC.

• #8303 Score: 0

whitecloud
    • Level 1

Thanks Olivier. It makes sense now. CData is just an ETL tools similar to Relational Junction, etc. Thanks.

• #8304 Score: 0

savethepennies
    • Level 1

There is pretty good documentation around both the web service and odbc offerings. As Olivier pointed out, there are big differences between the two when it comes to what data is available and how it is presented. Again reviewing the developer guides and other documentation makes it easy to see the differences. Both options could be used programmatically, like in a C# app. It would be worthwhile to define what what your needs and goals are, review both connectors, and then determine how to proceed. We use both for different purposes and I’ve had single utilities that use both.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.