This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by mlumangaya 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

JohnCCole
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

We are currently going through our fiscal year end audit. The auditors get all GL impacting entries for testing purposes. They want to have the date created, and the creator of the record. I was able to see the date created when customizing the general ledger report but can not find the creator, what am I missing?

I’m a SuiteScript developer not an accountant, so I thought I would try to do my own search where I know I can get the transaction created by. That worked but the problem I have is that running my search the debits and credits are not in balance for one subsidiary.

I’ve tracked it down to an item fulfillment type of transaction. When I exclude this transaction type the debits and credits are in balance for the one subsidiary, when I add the item fulfillments back in and look at all subsidiaries at the same time credits and debits are in balance, does this mean there’s an offsetting entry somewhere? Is trying to reproduce the General Ledger report as a saved search even possible?

While we can work with auditors to provide who created the record when they do sample testing at the transaction level it would be nice to be able to give them who the created the record in the general ledger report.

Thanks
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7068 Score: 0

dale1946
    • Level 1

I am an accountant so I am not sure I can help; but, I will give a couple of ideas. Is the creator (assuming you mean person) not in the field called “Created By”? I don’t have subsidiaries; however, the system probably created an account in the GL called something similar to “Intercompany ….”.

• #7069 Score: 0

JohnCCole
    • Level 1

Originally posted by dale1946

View Post

I am an accountant so I am not sure I can help; but, I will give a couple of ideas. Is the creator (assuming you mean person) not in the field called “Created By”? I don’t have subsidiaries; however, the system probably created an account in the GL called something similar to “Intercompany ….”.

When I customize the general ledger report the created by field is not available. The same field is available in a transactional searches

• #7070 Score: 0

dmashburn3
    • Level 1

Hi John,

Just a shot in the dark here, but I know when you’re searching fulfillment records, if you’re setting mainline to False or no, this results in 3 entries showing up in your search.

To remove these, you can use a formula field MOD({linesequence},3) = 0. The multiple entries are due to how the process for fulfilling an item works.

My only concern would be that setting this in your criteria might also affect the entries in your debits and credits.

• #7071 Score: 0

JohnCCole
    • Level 1

Originally posted by dmashburn3

View Post

Hi John,

Just a shot in the dark here, but I know when you’re searching fulfillment records, if you’re setting mainline to False or no, this results in 3 entries showing up in your search.

To remove these, you can use a formula field MOD({linesequence},3) = 0. The multiple entries are due to how the process for fulfilling an item works.

My only concern would be that setting this in your criteria might also affect the entries in your debits and credits.

I had noticed that. What I don’t understand is that the credit debit amounts are in balance when I ask for all subsidiaries. Regardless given this is for a fiscal audit I’m really reluctant to use a custom search I produce.

The general ledger report really is the way to go just can’t understand why the Created By field is not available to be added to

the General Ledger report.

• #7072 Score: 0

trimblee
    • Level 1

You can create a custom field for Created By, which would then be available in reports. A simple workflow could auto-stamp it.

• #7073 Score: 0

mlumangaya
    • Level 1

To support the suggestion by Evan, try these steps to create the Transaction Body Field:

1. Setup > Customization > Transaction Body Field > New Name: Custom Created By Type: List/Record List/Record: Employee Store Value: True (make sure this is set because if it is not then it wont’ be stored and would change every time you view/edit the entry Show in List: True (if you want it to automatically show up on default lists) Global Search: True (if you want to be able to have global search look in this field for matches) 2. Under Applies To Tab Set: Sales = True Opportunity = True 3. Under Display Tab Set: Subtab = Main Display Type = Disabled (by setting this it means this field cannot be changed by users 4. Under Validation & Default Tab: Set Mandatory = True (actually this doesn’t really need to be set cause the fact we are setting a default value and not allowing change to it so this is only needed if you don’t disable the field, so that it will not allow users to leave it blank or blank it out) Dynamic Default = Current User (this will cause system to set this field to the current user, which on create would be the one who is creating it) So what will happen is it will set it to current user and because we are setting the field to disabled, it cannot be changed by a user and will always remain this way 5. All other tabs do not need any special settings 6. Save the record then go back to it and expose it on all the custom forms you may have that you want to see it on. 7. Once this has been done you will now also be able to select this custom field on reports and searches.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.