This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by JMUnderwood 16 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

JMUnderwood
    • Contributions: 0
    • Level 1

Is there a way to configure financial reports so that ONLY the top-level segments are displayed as columns?

For example, suppose I have “Departments” setup as:

Code:
    Division A
    Dept 1
    Dept 2
    Division B
    Dept 1
    Dept 2
    I want a report withonly “Division A” and Division B” as columns, and the child depts rolled up into the top-level parent (like “Division A”).

Is this possible?
    This is a cached copy. Click here to see the original post.

• #7647 Score: 0

Former UG member – changed by Mod 2784
    • Level 1

RE: Financial Report with Only Top-Level Depts, Locations, Classes

Hi Jim,

All financial reports are based upon criteria and setup of the chart of accounts. If you are talking about basic financials (ie Income report, balance sheet, etc) the presentation can be changed only by rearranging the account types.

So, to answer your question, yes, it is possible to do this, but not by using departments.

Does that make sense?

• #7648 Score: 0

JMUnderwood
    • Level 1

RE: Financial Report with Only Top-Level Depts, Locations, Classes

Originally posted by Angela

So, to answer your question, yes, it is possible to do this, but not by using departments.

Does that make sense?

Angela,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I’m not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

On any financial report (Income, Balance Sheet, etc) there is a drop-down field at the bottom of the report page called “Column”. It has choices of “Location, Dept, Classes, Month, Quarter”, etc. If I select “Dept”, then it shows columns for all Depts as well as sub-Depts (Child Depts).

What I want is just one column for each Dept, and have all sub-Depts roll-up into the single top-level Dept.

Does this make sense?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.